Translators need to be intimately familiar with the CAT tools they use to successfully master the challenges faced with every translation project. Ultimately, the primary purpose of these tools is to reduce the workload and help translators save time and money; however, if a CAT tool doesn’t meet these requirements, it becomes frustrating for translators and negatively impacts their work.
So how do the software manufacturers know what their customers need? How do they know how translators use the tools and which functions actually make things easier for them?
To find the answers to these questions, Across created the Translators’ Advisory Board in early 2015 to get users of the Across Personal Edition involved in the software development phase and voice their opinions. The purpose of this newly formed advisory board is to cooperate with experienced CAT tool users, better understand the challenges they are faced with in their daily work and explore possible solutions. Advisory board members maintain regular contact with the Across development department via an online platform and regular personal meetings to discuss new product features, ideas, and suggestions.
By design, the Translators’ Advisory Board is not an “Across fan club” but is comprised of experienced Across users as well as translators who prefer other CAT tools. Using this simple and constructive approach, advisory board members will extensively share their experiences, desires, and visions with Across. The input from this valuable collaboration will be shared with the Across development team and contribute towards an even user-friendlier Across Personal Edition.
To learn more about this collaboration and how Across Personal Edition helps translators save time and money, visit Across at the BP15. Here, visitors can also learn about how freelancers can benefit by having free access to the Across Personal Edition.
Across is Gold sponsor of BP15 Translation Conference
Here’s a zoomable map showing where the first 143 registered attendees to BP15 come from.
Register now for a full conference package (‘Conference + 3 dinners’), and get a workshop or a day trip for free!
For each purchase of a ‘Conference + 3 dinners’ package, now you get an additional value of €50 for free: you can choose a workshop or a day trip. The offer is valid only for up to 5 purchases until 10 am, Monday, 13 April. Not valid together with any other offer.
You can choose a memoQ or an SDL Studio training workshop, both of them offered at a beginner and an advanced level, and both of them delivered by some of the biggest names in the translation industry: Kevin Lossner and Paul Filkin, resprectively. Or attend The Freelance Box, genuine crash course MBA for freelance translators. In the late afternoon you can attend Café de la Réussite, a talking shop on time management issues for freelancers, delivered in English. All of these workshops will be held on Thursday, 30 April.
You may also choose a day trip after the conference: either to the Plitvice lakes in Croatia, or to Bled and Ljubljana in Slovenia.
Buy your BP15 ticket this weekend and you may have a chance to win a refund!
If you purchase your conference ticket this weekend, you may be the lucky one who gets a refund on the conference price.
1. Anyone is eligible who purchases a conference ticket before midnight (CET) on Sunday, 15 February. This could be a ‘conference only’ ticket or a ‘conference + 3 networking events’ ticket.
2. A lucky winner will be randomly selected ONLY if at least 14 tickets are sold. (In the unlikely event that 28 tickets are sold over the weekend, 2 lucky winners will be drawn.). This means it’s also in your interest to encourage more people to buy tickets this weekend.
3. The amount of refund equals the amount you would normally pay for a ‘conference only’ ticket. E.g. if you bought a ‘conference only’ or a ‘conference + 3 networking events’ ticket at full price, you’d get a refund of €259. If you used a discount code (see below), such as the one that gives you a €30 discount, you’d get a refund of €229.
4. Please follow the instructions in the automated email that you receive after submitting the purchase form. Most importantly, send me a screenshot of your transfer, and please don’t forget to complete your registration by following the link in the automated email.
5. This offer is valid together with other existing offers. If you invite a colleague from your area, both of you will get a €30 discount.
6. You can still have a chance to attend BP15 for free. Please note that if you’re the lucky one to get a Valentine refund, you will not be eligible for the the full refund in the ‘attend BP15 for free’ campaign.
Join us now for professional growth and a truly remarkable weekend!
We offer a basic sponsorship package for attendees who wish to reach all other attendees with their services.
Priced at €250 (incl. VAT), the package serves two purposes: you can reach all attendees of the conference, and you can contribute to the costs of video recording.
The sponsorship package includes:
– placing an insert (flyer / business card) in the conference bag
– placing your name/logo on the Sponsors page with a link to your website
– mentioning your name as a sponsor in the printed conference booklet
– sponsor status shown on your attendee profile
Please note that the package does not include the production of your flyers / business cards. All printed material must reach the conference organizer by Friday, 24 April, 2015.
You can purchase the sponsorship package on the main registration page. (Starting noon, 5 January, 2015.)
Contact us for more advanced sponsorship packages.
The American Translators’ Association just approved our event for 10 continuous education points.
ATA members may also benefit from the certification exam taking place on the pre-conference day.
Our welcome reception will take place in the hotel lobby, from 7 pm to 9 pm.
Once the conference proper is over, the really good part starts… the real reason why translators from the world over flock to Zagreb in May.
Read about the closing party venue (Club Hollywood) here.